Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Game 3 -- Wolverines DB 7, Wolverines JD 1

Hi Team,

I thought silent Thursday worked very well, thank you parents for your participation. It was good to hear the kids talking on the field and working as a team. Even though it was a friendly match the kids all played like it was a championship match. I was pleased to see Gideon get on the scoreboard this season with two excellent shots from inside the box! Yeah Gideon!!--you almost had a third but hit the crossbar from 10 feet out (everyone, remember to lean over the ball and strike it low and hard when in the 6 yard box!) The other area to work on is discovering that you each have two feet, and the left one needs to be employed for some shots! The other usual suspects combined for an addition 5 goals, and we had plenty of additional shots, but the goal keeping by our brother-team looked pretty good and they made some nice saves. Other highlights: Trent maintaining possession of the ball in a dizzying display of footwork, corner kick drops instead of direct shots, and Kyler staying in position on defense when nobody else would! We allowed two breakaways, both leading to goals but one was barely offsides--we have to always have two defenders back plus the goalie. I heard Kyler calling out that he was the only one back--you need to listen. While I want everyone to be offensive minded, this cannot come at the expense of playing solid defense.

We've had a solid first three games--hopefully we'll keep this trend going--I'll see everyone on the pitch in an hour to play a very good Aggie team. Go Wolverines!!

Cheers,
Coach Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment